Name of the service
REGAGRI4EUROPE Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
Description of the service
The REGAGRI4EUROPE Online Course service is both a Content and a Learning Management System, based on the open courseware development platform Open edX (openedx.org), delivered in the context of the European-Commission-funded project REGAGRI4EUROPE (Project N°: 007660, Grant Agreement no. 2020-1-DE02-KA202-007660, https://vle.regagri4europe.eu/ ). It offers free web-based courses to farmers and any other interested persons with an agricultural background.
The coordinator of the project and organization authorized to communicate on behalf of the consortium in matters related to this service, is the CEFE International GmbH, Germany. The relevant Project Manager is Laura Dorn, who can be reached at email@example.com .
Personal data processed
Specific information is needed in order to register with this service. The minimum information required is:
- Full name
- Public username
- Country or Region of residence
(Personal Information Group A)
You can also support education research by providing additional information during the registration or after an account has been created in the system, you will be able to enrich your profile with further information.
- Time Zone
- Highest level of education completed
- Year of Birth
- Preferred Language
(Personal Information Group B)
If you want to promote your accomplishments (relating to courses of this platform) you can use the links to the social media. To do so you could insert your social media links information:
- Twitter Link
- Facebook Link
- LinkedIn Link
(Personal Information Group C)
When you participate in courses through this platform, information regarding your participation and performance are retained. Such information is:
- Number and name of enrolled courses
- Time of enrollment to the courses
- Time spent on the courses
- Completion time of the courses
- Performance on quizzes
- Answers to questionnaires
- Certificates of completion
- Questions and comments posted on the chat function
- Questions and feedback received through other communication channels of the platform
- Time spend on videos or other course material
(Personal Information Group D)
Why we process this information
REGAGRI4EUROPE Partners use information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes per group of Personal Information:
Personal Information Group A
- Create an account for you in order to gain access to this Platform. The information of this Group is mandatory and without it no account can
be created. (Needed to perform the service).
- Offer and improve products and services. This includes enabling you to navigate the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE and to learn effectively in such courses and programs.
- Communicate with you. This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE maintenance and updates, marketing to you about related subjects.
Personal Information Group B
- Comply with the requirement of the Grant Agreement no. 2020-1-DE02-KA202-007660, for the European-Commission-funded project REGAGRI4EUROPE (Project N°: 007660). The design of this project (through which you have access to the relevant courses) demands the measurement of specific numbers. The information of this Group cover the majority of these Key Performance indicators [KPIs].
Personal Information Group C
- Facilitate the promotion of your achievements to the public through social media interconnections. This information is optional.
Personal Information Group D
- Operate and improve the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE. This includes creating and improving features that support the REGAGRI4EUROPE community and enable REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Communicate with you. This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of REGAGRI4EUROPE project, and as permitted under applicable law, sending you communications about news and events
- Support scientific research including, for example, in the areas of Regenerative Agriculture. This includes collaborating to enable and conduct research about how learners access and master course materials online. Where necessary to extract these conclusions all personal information is anonymized.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE. This includes tracking REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE. Track REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE usage against goals and mission. This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information) to Partners and the European Commission.
Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations. This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of REGAGRI4EUROPE VLE, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
No Automated individual decision-making, including profiling takes place regarding your personal information and your experience within this Platform.
Third parties to whom personal data is disclosed
The partners of the consortium, the European Commission, the host of the platform for facilitating the above-mentioned purposes.
We will retain your personal data for the duration of the project, as mandated by the relevant grant agreement
After this period, your data will be irrevocably deleted.
Data subject rights
You have the following rights to your data:
- Right of access by the data subject
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
How to exercise your rights
You can modify your information, access your data and remove all your information and profile through the platform.
(Log in to your account and change any information or remove the account through the Account Setting tab.)
If you need to have access to all the information, we process for you or to request restriction of processing, data portability or further information regarding your Personal information please contact us at: CEFE International GmbH, Germany.
The relevant Project Manager is Laura Dorn, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complaint to the relevant authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.